Saturday 24 January 2009

The Nokia 5800 XpressMusic Launch @ Regent Street!

So yes, 4 am on Friday 23rd January and I'm getting up with an aching head (slightly unwell, didn't sleep more than an hour that night). I get ready and wait for my friend to come and pick me up, and by 5 o clock we're on our way. We drop off his car at his place and jump on a night bus to the Nokia Store. Just as we were walking up to it I started to see some people, started wondering how bad the queue would be at 5.52am. Surprisingly, there were only 11 people there! A huge grin crept onto my face as I looked at my friend and joined the short queue. One of the first 100 people, I definately am! 2 tickets to Benicassim, definately mine! Here's some shots of when we got there

About 4 of the people at the front had been camping there since 10.30 the night before, kudos to them. One guy who greeted us had travelled in from Slough and had been there since 2.30. The kind Nokia staff gave us some umbrellas!

Preparations inside, DJ's getting ready:



A short vid of the short queue when we got there:



And another video of some strangess, about 30 or so horses gallopped past while the 3 hired dancers were popping some... moves....? Sorry for my poor cameramanship, I'm a short guy and I was surrounded by much taller people!!!




So there was a countdown at 25 seconds to 8, we all joined in at the countdown from 10 to 0 and after a loud cheer from all of us nothing happened. And then they opened the doors!! They allowed in the first 5 or so people, and then the next 10 of us, I was number 12! As we walked in, we were applauded by the Nokia staff who had been lined up to greet us, I heard general exclaims of congratulations, hi, thanks for waiting! Eventually I got to the till and the lady took my payment and handed over the bag, but not before she opened the box to show me what was inside. I'm sure she had the best intentions of coming across as polite and helpful, but really, opening my box before I do?!?!?! OUTRAGEOUS!!! Well I got over it and we picked up the information about the Benicassim tickets, I was told they'd be posted to me later on, no hurry right, festival's in July (I think). So all was done and dusted by 8.30 am, and I left with my friend. I coldn't go home and play with it as I had to get to lesson at University.

See my unbagging of the Limited Edition 5800 XpressMusic.

2 comments:

  1. No idea how Nokia arranged the horses. ;)

    (from #20 in the queue.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha hey number 20! I think/hope the horses were unconnected!

    ReplyDelete